- Full-time undergraduate student enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts with a class level of junior or senior
- Completed at least 15 credits at CSU
- Maintain an overall 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrates financial need
- Demonstrate potential for academic, career and life success
- Preference shall also be given to Colorado residents
Dan is an Emeritus Professor of History at Colorado State University. He grew up on a ranch in Carbondale, Colorado. He served in the Air Force and taught the history of the American West at CSU with an emphasis on water issues for more than 30 years.
His book, Silver Fox of the Rockies, carefully describes the origin of interstate river compacts and the critical role they played in dividing the waters of the West. He is also the author of The Last Water Hole in the West and Love In An Envelope: A Courtship in the American West. His next work focuses on W.D. Farr.