Undergraduate robes are black, and cum laude graduates wear gold robes. Students graduating with distinction (cum laude, etc.) will receive an email notification from the Registrar's Office mid-semester indicating this status; this email must be presented to regalia representatives to rent the gold robes. For questions with graduating with distinction, please contact the Registrar's Office. University Honors Scholars wear green robes and a black stole. A list of University Honors Scholars is provided to the regalia representatives.
Order your cap, gown and tassel in advance online via the Alumni Association Grad Pack webpage. The deadline for ordering regalia is Tuesday, March 28. Students who did not order regalia by the online ordering deadline can purchase regalia at GradFest.
Faculty orders are coordinated by each college office. Colleges or departments work directly with the supplier, Jostens, to place faculty orders. Contact: Clay Rogers: (970) 617-5970, email@example.com.
Regalia Pick-up and Grad Fest
- Regalia will not be shipped to students. All students must pick up cap, gown, hood and tassel.
- Cap, Gown, Hood, Tassel is not a rental, the package is kept by the graduate. No returns.
- All regalia distribution will take place at Grad Fest in the Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center on the following days:
- Wednesday & Thursday, May 10 – 11; 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, May 12; 8 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 13; regalia will be available for pick up prior to each Commencement ceremony, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. in the Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center.
- Sunday, May 14; regalia will be available for pick up prior to each Commencement ceremony, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center.
- Bachelor’s package includes cap, gown, and college color tassel. Nothing is returned. Photo ID is required for pick up.
- Master’s package includes cap, gown, hood and master’s black tassel. Nothing is returned. Photo ID is required for pick up.
- Doctorate package includes tam, gown, hood and tassel. Nothing is returned. Photo ID is required for pick up.
Regalia assistance program
Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate students graduating in May 2023, who would not otherwise walk in Commencement because of the cost of regalia, may apply for assistance with purchasing their regalia through the CSU Alumni Association. Availability is limited in supply and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis for those most in need. Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, March 22, in order to meet the deadline date of March 28.