- Full-time undergraduate students enrolled in the Journalism and Media Communications Department in the College of Liberal Arts
- Write a short response about social responsibility and the impact on the field of Public Relations
- Maintain an overall 3.0 GPA
- Preference shall be given to Colorado residents
- Preference shall be given to first generation college students
- Preference shall also be given to juniors and seniors with a declared major in public relations (Scholarship may be renewable if the student reapplies, continues to meet all criteria and is selected by the scholarship committee)
Cary Griffin ('77) and Thomas Suber ('75) established this scholarship as a way to honor an institution where they both experienced growth and learned valuable skills that helped them to become productive individuals with satisfying professional careers. Meeting in Ingersoll Hall as students, they both have an appreciation for their Alma mater and a desire to sustain and expand the educational experiences of future generations of Colorado State University students.