Position: Publicity Media Assistant for University Center for the Arts (Coordinator)
Employment type: 12-month, full-time Administrative Professional
College: College of Liberal Arts
Department: Music, Theatre and Dance
Salary Range: $27,000 – $32,000 depending on experience
Colorado State University seeks a Production Media Assistant (PMA) to join the Promotions/Marketing Team at the University Center for the Arts. As a member of the Promotions/Marketing team, the PMA will bear responsibility for selected projects of marketing, publicity, and public relations campaigns for the arts productions and public events at the UCA, specific tasks as assigned by the PMA and the Director of Marketing, with a primary emphasis on the effective and creative promotions and marketing of Theatre and Dance. This position will be considered the liaison and conduit to the students of Colorado State University and the ASCSU Student Fee Review Board.
Bachelor’s degree in the performing arts, arts administration, marketing, or related field.
Professional or academic publicity/marketing experience.
Evidence of expertise in promotional use of social media.
Evidence of expertise in the creation and editing of digital media for promotional web use via Adobe Creative Suite.
Experience working with the MAC Operating System
Professional or academic experience in the promotions and marketing of theatre and dance.
1. The PMA bears responsibility for selected projects of marketing, publicity, and public relations campaigns for the arts productions and public events at the UCA, with a particular emphasis on promotions and marketing of Theatre and Dance.
2. The PMA will collaborate with the PMA and the Director of Marketing in the strategizing and execution of in the effective use and maintenance of social media, with a particular emphasis on creative promotions and marketing strategies for Theatre and Dance.
3. The PMA will create, upload, and monitor media content (backstage videos, short interview video clips with creative team and performers, rehearsals, technical rehearsals, classes, etc.) for Theatre and Dance.
4. The PMA will edit and upload these short clips and photos, video clips of performances to their most effective use in social media (Facebook, FourSquare, Twitter, Vine, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, OKHello, etc.).
5. The PMA will also assist the Marketing and Promotions area with writing and pitching press releases, work with media outlets to request coordinate previews/reviews/coverage, write and post special interest stories about events, etc.
6. The PMA will develop a fertile working relationship with the local and regional press, both print and online (blogs, web reviewers, etc.), in order to keep the Theatre and Dance productions and academic activities in the press in an ongoing high-level profile.
Application Procedures And Deadlines – updated 10.15.2013:
Position open until filled; however, full consideration will be extended to applications received by October 25, 2013. Start date: ASAP. Please e-mail a letter of interest, resume, curriculum vitae, contact information for three references, links to successful strategies using social media, and a digital portfolio (include items relevant to experience and background, i.e., sample press releases, brochures, marketing plans, etc.) to Linda.Parent@colostate.edu. Travel expenses for any on-site interviews will be limited to a maximum of $350 per candidate.
For a complete position description and application procedure, click here, or visit the CSU College of Liberal Arts employment website at www.jobs.libarts.colostate.edu. CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on final candidates.