Senior Teaching Faculty
Find Me On:linkedin
- Senior Teaching Faculty
- Rhetoric and Composition
- MA in Rhetoric & Composition
Hello! I have taught CO130, CO150, CO300, E238, E232, and E270 at Colorado State University.
Here's a bit more about my professional background and interests:
- M.A. from Colorado State University, Department of English (concentration in Rhetoric & Composition); B.A. from Ferris State University, Department of English (concentration in English Literature)
- Interests: learning theory and research, teacher collaboration in higher education, first-year student extracurricular writing groups, correlations between personal writing and identity formation, and curricula design
- Experience teaching at a 2-year college and a 4-year Research 1 university, online and face-to-face courses
- Leads writing seminars/professional development at corporations to help managerial staff and employees write more effectively in the workplace
- Assisted with training and mentoring Graduate Teaching Assistants
- Presented at Conference of College Composition and Communication, 2009
- Experience with Writing Centers, journalism, non-profit community involvement, and writing group
I grew up in southeast Michigan, spent a summer in Italy, lived in Utah for a year, and settled in Colorado with my handsome hubby. In addition to teaching, I enjoy playing with my rambunctious kiddos, trail running, doing half marathons and sprint triathlons, going to coffee shops, listening to podcasts, trying to know God and be a better human, and reading (classics, philosophy, memoirs, bestsellers, non-fiction...you name it).