Office: 312 Eddy Hall
Position: Administrative Professional: Editor and Communications Coordinator
Administrative Professional, Editor and Communications Coordinator. B.A., English, Oregon State University (magna cum laude); M.A., English (Communication Development), Colorado State University, where she was granted distinction for her thesis, a hypertext entitled
Jill Salahub started at CSU as a graduate student, and during that time she worked as a tutor in the Writing Center, as a Writing Teaching Assistant, and as a Graduate Teaching Assistant. After graduating, she taught various Composition courses for the English department. From 2004 until 2010, she was the Editor/Programmer for the department's Facebook page and blog, and acting webmaster of both the Composition Program and Writing Center websites, among other things. She also occasionally teaches CO302 Writing Online, CO300 Writing Arguments, and CO150 College Composition., acting as a Project Director from 2008 to 2010. She currently is an Administrative Professional: Editor and Communications Coordinator in the English department, working with
Her academic special interests include computers and composition, professional development for teachers using technology and hypertext/hypermedia in the classroom, multimodal composition, creative nonfiction writing, and writing for the Web. She has a long history of mentoring writers and teachers of all skill levels, at each stage of their process, and enjoys helping them develop their voices.
Aside from her work at CSU, Jill is a practitioner of writing, meditation, yoga, and dog. She is a certified yoga teacher and a blogger. She is recently finished an ebook based on her Self-Compassion Saturday series, and is working on two memoirs, one about how she saved herself through practice and another about her own experience with self-compassion.
M.A. English: Communication Development CSU
- The Way of the Bodhisattva, a guest post for Rachel Cole, December 2013.
- Simplicity in Action: Jill, on Be More With Less, January 2014.
- Becoming Who We Know We Are, a guest post on Create as Folk, May 2014.
- Home Euthanasia: Why it Worked for Me, for Fort Collins Magazine, NOCO Pet Guide, Spring 2014.
- Let Go and Come Back for Mabel Magazine, June 2014.
- Self-Compassion Saturday: the eBook, January 2015.
- I showed up. I opened my heart. I stayed. a guest post for Marianne Elliott’s blog, April 2015.
- Something Good on Yoganonymous, a weekly post that appeared originally on Wanderlust, August 2015- Present.
- Every One of Us is Called, for Mabel Magazines's Issue No. 4 — What’s Next, November 2015.